- Basic experience working with a computer
- Basic understanding of analytical problem solving
- Windows or Mac (course taught from Windows)
I not only teach the core topics of Java, but also covers necessary analytical skills like Algorithms and practical skills like reading and handling data from files, and job-specific skills like building a Student database and analyzing the criteria of passwords.
This course was developed by a combination of developers, recruiters, and business managers that together outlined and curated a curriculum based on the hiring needs and requirements in the industry. Designed for individuals looking to kick-start a new career in software development, this course starts at the beginning assuming no previous knowledge in programming.
- All relevant slides and notes
- Practical training
- Conceptual lectures
- Learning assignments
- Mini assessment quizzes
I focus on keeping the training practical and applicable to a real-world project. While learning the concepts is important, you must demonstrate your knowledge by being able to write programs, analyze what’s happening behind the scenes, and have a working understanding of basic algorithms and computations.
While not created based on Oracle’s certification program, this course will help prepare you for the Programmer Level I Exam to earn the Oracle Certified Associate certificate.
- Get comfortable with controlling the flow of programs
- Understand and apply the core concepts of object-oriented programming
- Know the different data structures and practice traversing through arrays and collections
- Master the common algorithms in computer science
- Learn topics conceptually and practically to ace your job interview
Who this course is for:
- Career-changers looking to start from scratch
- Recent graduate looking to get job-specific training
- Current student looking preparing for the job market
- QA / manual testers looking to transition to automation
Created by Tim Short
Last updated 8/2017