- You should have basic computer skills (comfortable working with a command prompt or terminal, installing software, setting environment variables, etc.)
- If you don’t have any previous programming experience, you may find it helpful to read a brief introduction on the basic concepts (variables, functions, and control structures), such as the one found at http://codingintro.com/
Java is one of the most popular programming languages used in professional application development. As such, there is an extensive job market available to those who master its syntax. However, mastering a language as complex and vast as Java requires a developer to start with a solid programming foundation. This class provides that foundation. Those who are looking to start a career in software development, or developers who are looking to increase their marketability by learning the nuts and bolts of Java, will benefit from taking this course. To start the student on the “right track,” the lectures and labs go beyond basic syntax by including best practices and object oriented programming idioms. In addition, the topics covered help prepare students for the Oracle Certified Associate, Java Programmer SE 8 exam (a certification which demonstrates to potential employers a fundamental level of proficiency with the language). However, do note that this course is just as appropriate for someone who is not interested in taking the exam; if you want to learn Java, this is the course for you!
Who is the target audience?
- Developers who are looking to increase their marketability by learning the nuts and bolts of Java
- Those who are looking to start a career in software development
- Anyone looking to prepare for the exam to become an Oracle Certified Associate, Java Programmer SE 8 (Java SE 8 Programmer I 1Z0-808)
Created by Jeff Jensen
Last updated 12/2016
Size: 1.31 GB