Created by Sriharsha Ramkumar
What Will I Learn?
- Learn the Complex South Indian Carnatic Music Exercises ‘Janti Varse, Tharasthayi Varse and Mandrasthayi Varse’ systematically in 3 – Speeds
Learn an interesting Theory concept that helps in understanding the different types of Swaras we have in our Music system with Fingering Chart
Learn a new raga called Shankarabarana and Understand practising all Carnatic Music Exercises with this raga systematically
- Perform the famous ‘Indian National Anthem’ for a patriotic gathering!
- The Student should be familiar with basic Sarali & Dhatu Varses and should be able to play them in 3 – Speeds
- The Student should have a Basic South Indian Carnatic Bamboo Flute. Preferably Scale – 4
What is the course all about?
- This Course is all about understanding Complex Carnatic Music Exercises that Include ‘Janti Varses, Tharasthayi Varses, Mandrasthayi Varses.
- This course also covers a very interesting Music Theory and also a new Raga is explained with systematic fingering chart and example exercises
- This course is ideally for those who are interested in Indian Classical Music, who have a very basic knowledge about the instrument like ‘Holding the instrument correctly, getting the sound and who can play basic Sarali Varses
What kinds of Materials are included?
- Professional Quality pictures and Block Diagrams are used to explain concepts to make it more interesting.
- PDF files at the end of every section with summary and exercises
- The videos are of very High quality with lesson highlights and key pointers embedded in ‘High Quality – PNG images’ in the background
How long will the Course take to complete?
- The complete course is for around 3.5 Hrs.
- To complete the course with perfection, it will take close to 2 – 3 months where the students have to dedicate 1/2 Hour ~ 45min daily for practice
How is the Course Structured?
- This course is structured systematically where complex exercises pertaining to Carnatic Music System are decoded and explained in a simplest way possible.
- For Example, A 10- line complex exercise will be decoded taking only 2 lines per explanatory slide that highlights difficulties and possible solution to overcome them in a High-quality Video embedded in each slide
- The exercises related to syllabus are explained clearly and few assignment exercises are added towards the end of couple of chapters to bring in more confidence.
- An interesting Carnatic Theory Concept pertaining to Different Types of Swaras are explained systematically with block diagrams and examples
- One of the Parent Raga called Shankarabaranam is introduced and is explained systematically with importance of learning the Raga with some explanatory exercises and assignments
- Step by Step Tutorial for Indian National Anthem – Jana Gana Mana is covered at the end of the tutorial
- PDF notes are included at the end of each section with a brief about what was covered in that particular section
- This course is Structured systematically keeping in mind the wide range of age group 10 ~ 55 Years
Why take this course? What are my Key – Takeaways?
- Take this course to understand the complex Carnatic Music exercises in the simplest way possible
- Take this course to cherish your dream of learning the famous ‘Indian National Anthem’
- Take this course to get a flavor of ‘Richest South Indian – Carnatic Music‘ through this divine instrument
- At the end of this course, you will feel proud to have known the Complex Carnatic Music Exercises and a new Raga and would be enjoying yourself playing the famous Indian National Anthem – Jana Gana Mana with confidence!
Who is the target audience?
- This course is ideal for a beginner who can ‘Hold the Carnatic Flute correctly in Cross fingering Style’, Who is able to get the sound and who has some idea about ‘Sarali & Dhatu Varse’ exercises
- This is a Level – 2 course which is in continuation with my Level – 1 and hence would be ideal for all the students who have completed my Level -1 Basic Course
- This Course is not for those who are looking for advance lessons, Advance Krithis and compostions
- This course is not for kids below 10 years